1. What’s Quality Assurance?
Quality assurance or in short QA is the maintenance of a desired level of quality in a service or product, especially using attention to every stage of the process of delivery or production.
Software Quality Assurance refer to a process assures all software engineering processes, methods, activities and work items are monitor and comply with the defined standards
2. What is the role of Software Quality Assurance?
Software quality assurance plays an important role in the technology industry. There are many roles that software quality assurance has to do.
- Maintaining the quality of the system as per the specification and business requirements
- Report the problem during testing to the developer.
- Responsible to ensure quality before the release.
- Test the design to make sure is not complicate for the user.
3. Why Does Software Quality Assurance Important?
Every software companies need software quality assurance,
There are many reasons to have software quality assurance:
- Ensure the quality of the product delivered to the customer.
- Save money and time; the bug can be found fast and fixed immediately by the developer.
- QA plays a role as a user if QA thinks that the design confuses, it applied to the user too.
- Able to deliver the high-end product to the user.
4. What do you need to know to become QA?
First of all, Being a QA is not easy but it’s not hard either. As for the question, what do you need to learn or know about to become QA?
- Basic knowledge about application and website.
- Using a lot of applications and websites.
- Understand the flow of an application or website
- Communication skills with the developer or designer.
- Able to write an understandable report about the issue to the developer.
- Understand the flow of testing
- Most importantly, knowledge about using a computer or mobile phone.
5. What are the essential steps to test the product?
- Playing around with the platform (application or website)
- Studying the UI design with the project design sample
- Studying about the similar platform
- Understanding each feature in the platform
- Learning about the platform flow
- Starting to find bugs or issues of the platform
- Put yourself as the real user
To sum up, you have to understand the role of the QA, the importance of QA, and the meaning of QA before becoming QA. More importantly, you have learned about the essential step which can help you test the product more easily. Being QA play the biggest role in delivering the best product to the customer and the user.